I really enjoy the times I get to just sit with them. It is fun during Joel's naps when Olivia and I can have some one on one time together. She is really funny, and she has such an imagination! I love the way she thinks about things and pieces ideas together and comes up with something all her own. She makes up songs about whatever she is thinking about at the time. (A lot like her baba (dad).) I can give her little tasks and responsibilities, and she shows me how much she has grown. Sometimes I have to remind myself that she is only three, but in so many ways she exceeds my expectations and is a sweet light in my life.
Joel too is growing very fast. The time we spent on the train together Monday was so special. I enjoyed watching him interact with the Chinese friends we made on the train. He acted shy by putting his head in my shoulder and smiling. She laughed and "played" with people who payed him even a little attention. It is so much fun to see his little personality coming out. He is also learning so much and exploring. There is a big difference between him and Olivia. Maybe it has to do with him being a boy, but maybe it is just him being Joel.
My children are precious to me, and I am so thankful for them. Sometimes it is hard to see past the task of caring for the home, but when I stop talking (slow to speak) start listening (quick to listen) and hold my wrath a bay (slow to become angry) I realize what an incredible gift they are and how much God is showing and teaching me through them.
May He guide Steve and me as we seek to please Him in how we raise our children as well as give us wisdom in all the different circumstances that come along. It isn't an easy or small matter taking care of little people. :)
孩子 - haizi "child"
See ya' tomorrow! 明天见!
No comments:
Post a Comment