Sunday, November 13, 2011

Film Study Group

A couple of years ago, a teammate started a film group with a group of students where they watched films separately and then came together to discuss the deeper themes in the movies. The topic of each film centered around deadly thoughts and their remedies.

Last fall, I also started meeting with a couple students going through the same study. Joel's sweet, yet early, arrival put a rather abrupt ending to the group, and it was hard to get back into it the second semester.

This semester however, I have a better grip on my schedule and there were a couple of girls I knew who might want to participate. After asking them, they found two others who were interested after knowing what the film study is all about. I have been so excited about getting started!

Last night was our first meeting, and it was all that I hoped for and more. The girls were eager to talk, ask questions and dig deeper into the idea of anger or bitterness and the remedy of mildness and forgiveness. They were looking at things with fresh eyes and debating back and forth about what the best way to deal with this problem of anger might be. One interesting remedy they came up with for dealing with anger was to eat. I thought that was an interesting solution, though it might lead itself to gluttony, which ironically, is next week's theme. :)

What a joy it is to discuss these thoughts mostly in English with some Chinese thrown in for good measure!

明天见! See ya' tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment