Sunday, November 20, 2011

Our Team with its Mouth Full

One very special tradition my current team has had the past couple of years are team meals. Having meals together is not necessarily all that unique for ELIC teams, but we put a spin on it that gives it a specialness that is unsurpassed.



We take turns cooking for the whole team four nights out of every week. This means, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights, I do not have to do anything more than walk down the hall with plate in hand and enjoy a meal with my team. Wednesday nights, I cook for ten people and all the rest of my team needs to do is show up. Splendid in so many ways. We have had so many different kinds of meals, and it has inspired me to try to be more creative in my cooking. I LOVE it and am already trying to think of how we can sell this idea on future teams. Ha. Even if it ends with this group, it has been so much fun and I enjoy it and their fellowship more than I can say.

It is especially nice when Chinese friends are invited and we get to interact with those relationships as a team. I love that!

So, what's for dinner tonight? I think breakfast, right Jodi? Mmmm.

See ya' tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. i think breakfast food should strictly be potluck food only haha ;) but i agree, team meals are awesomeeeee!! amen to that! hehe

    ReplyDelete