One of the hard things about parenting is knowing what to do when my kids get sick. I'm no doctor, but I have to figure out what it takes people years and years of schooling to learn. I think it is even harder here in China where it isn't easy to just take them to the doctor and let him or her fix the problem. The last time I took Olivia to the hospital (there are no doctor's offices like in the States) we actually saw the "specialist". There were about 5 other strangers in the room and the doctor seemed more interested in practicing his English than helping my daughter. It wasn't pretty; I wasn't happy.
So, here we go again. Olivia has a cough, again. Joel has some issues too. We pray a lot and hope, and we try everything we can to help them. Then when it seems like life is out of control, they either get better or we finally hit the mark. We have also been blessed with different pediatric nurses in our lives. One is American, and we have called her for almost every problem we have ever had concerning our children.
There is a new friend, or rather an old friend who has come back into our lives, who also shares her insight with us. She is a German woman who lives in Changchun, and I knew her long before I was ever married. At that time, I didn't even know she was a nurse. Since having children, she has come in and out of our lives as we have moved around. Now, she works part time with a doctor who works in Changchun two days a week. I emailed her the other day and she showered me with ideas that we had never heard of before.
It seems when I feel I am at the end of one rope and knowing what to do, there is provided another to take its place and give me continued hope. For that, I am thankful.
明天见! See ya' tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment