Friday, November 11, 2011

The Humbling Moments

I believe God allows us to experience things sometimes to serve as a preview of what's to come. Then, when things happen again to someone else, we are less motivated to be judgmental.

My preview came the other day after Olivia moved her furniture and climbed in the crib with Joel. Today, after coming home from our weekly date, Steve and I were greeted by the lady who watches our children on Friday afternoon with news that during "nap time", Olivia had once again moved furniture and climbed into the big cabinet. This time however, she had managed to get ahold of some medicine on a BIG no no shelf. That, along with some other forbid-ables, were on the floor.

If we had not had the preview the other day, my tendency might have been to be angry, but if that can happen on my watch, it can happen on hers as well. The point isn't Ai'yi (auntie) anyway. Our sweet little 2 year old has turned into a stealthy 3 year old and this calls for serious action. Her silent moments of compulsion are dangerous.

So, I humbly submit to the fact that I need help from above and others to know what to do and how to teach her in a way that will stick without her having to get seriously hurt to learn her lesson.  I must admit that the song, "Some people gotta learn the hard way..." comes to mind.  Sigh.

明天见! See ya' tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment